WHAT WILL YOUR CHILD LEARN IN TASMANIAN GOVERNMENT SCHOOLS
Did you know?
The curriculum refers to the courses and subjects that are taught to students.
The best way to find out what your child is learning about is to ask them directly. We also encourage you to speak with teachers and the school principal if you would like more detailed information about the curriculum.
Which curriculum is being used in Tasmanian Government schools?
- The Australian Curriculum is being implemented in all Australian schools over the next few years.
- From 2015, all Tasmanian Government primary and secondary schools will use the Australian Curriculum for:
- Health and Physical Education.
- Until the other areas of the Australian Curriculum are fully written and finalised over the next two years, Tasmanian Government schools will continue to use the Tasmanian Curriculum for:
- The Arts
- Vocational and Applied Learning
- Information and Communications Technology
- The Australian Curriculum will ensure that your child is using the same curriculum as every other child of their year group in Australia.
- Introducing the Australian Curriculum into current Year 11 and 12 courses will be achieved into the future, once developed.
- In Years 11 and 12 students can study:
- Specific subjects which give them an Australian Tertiary Admissions Ranking (ATAR) to enable university entrance
- Subjects which will go towards them achieving the Tasmanian Certificate of Education (TCE)
- Vocational Education and Training (VET) qualifications.
Where can I get more information?