LAUNCHING INTO LEARNING
Did you know?
Launching into Learning is a programme where you and your child can form relationships with your local school and other families.
It is for children before they start Kindergarten and is available in all Tasmanian Government schools and in Child and Family Centres.
Children learn a lot in the first five years of life. At Launching into Learning, you and your child learn together to give them the very best start to life.
When you spend time playing with your child at Launching into Learning you make a real difference to their future.
Why is it important?
- Children’s experiences in their earliest years are really important to their ongoing development and they have a major impact on their future achievements at school and later in life.
- We know that supporting children’s learning experiences before they even begin school will give them a greater chance of success.
- At this young age, learning through play and exploration alongside the people that mean the most to them is a really positive experience for children.
- Together, we can make a difference in your child’s life.
Why should you get involved?
- Your child will be involved in activities that will help develop their talking, reading, creativity, physical, social and emotional skills.
- Launching into Learning will prepare your child for school and to be the best they can be.
- You will have fun with your child and learn together.
- You will get support, friendship and a helping hand.
- You will get to know your local school.
What can you expect?
- Parents, teachers and children playing alongside each other, having fun and learning together through a variety of programmes such as playgroup, music, water awareness, kinder gym, baby massage, Dad’s group … and many more.
Your local school
There is no cost
Who is it for?
Young children (Birth – 5 years old) and their families.
Where can I get more information?