New Professional Learning Program for 2018/19
7 February 2018
Principal Preparation Program
In 2018 the Department of Education will facilitate a Principal Preparation Program for leaders who are aspiring to the principal position. It is a significant Workforce Development strategy delivered through the Professional Learning Institute.
- The Principal Preparation Program closely aligns with the Australian Professional Standard for Principals. This Standard describes what principals are expected to know, understand and do to succeed in their work and ensure their leadership has a positive impact.
- The program consists of five days professional learning and five days shadowing of an experienced principal.
- The program is open to aspirants across all business units in the DoE, not only those currently working in schools. Intake will be limited to twenty participants in 2018.
- The selection process will set a high standard to ensure that all participants have the requisite knowledge, skills, prior experience and leadership disposition to undertake the course.
- Applications open 9 February and close 9 March 2018.
Further information is available on the PLI website. https://pli.education.tas.gov.au/program/principal-preparation/