Together We Inspire Award Winners 2018
18 October 2018
On Thursday 18 October the 2018 Department of Education Together We Inspire Awards were held in Launceston to celebrate Tasmania’s outstanding public education system.
The awards are now in their seventh year, with this year bringing a new suite of award categories that are based on the Department of Education’s core values of Aspiration, Respect, Courage and Growth. These values represent the Department’s beliefs and ambitions, and reflect the attributes our learners will need to be successful throughout their lives.
There were twelve award categories which provide us with the opportunity to recognise and reward staff and volunteers who demonstrate excellence in their roles supporting public education. Passionate and dedicated people are vitally important in public education. The positive impact they have on students, helping to shape successful futures, is truly commendable.
These awards are an important initiative of the Education Department and would not be possible without the generous support of the major sponsor Tasplan, and award partner Telstra.
The finalists selected in this year’s Together We Inspire Awards showcase the commitment that is on display each and every day by staff and volunteers from across the range of services provided by the Department.
For more information about the awards, as well as links to video and photo libraries, please visit the Together We Inspire Awards page.
The 2018 Together We Inspire Award Winners:
Tasplan Together We Inspire Award
- Steven Bennett, Education Facility Attendant, Herdsman Cove Primary School
School Leadership Award
- Karen Hampton, Principal, Waverley Primary School
Engaging our Learners Award (Early Learning)
- Carolyn van der Spek, Launching into Learning Teacher, East Tamar Primary School
Engaging our Learners Award (Primary P-6)
- Summerdale Primary Autism Class
Engaging our Learners Award (Secondary 7-12)
- New Norfolk High School Years 11/12 Team
Engaging our Learners Award (Adults)
- Gail Wilson, Literacy Coordinator, New Norfolk Library
Outstanding Early Career Employee Award
- Emma Stubbs, Teacher, Montrose Bay High School
Outstanding Support Employee of the Year Award
- School and Client IT Support, End Device Team
- Hobart College Home Group Wellbeing Program
Telstra Excellence in Innovation Award
- Invermay Primary School, for the Invermay Way Interactive Wheel
Volunteers of the Year Award (all 3 finalists recognised)
- Greg Kid, Sustainability Learning Centre/Mt Nelson Primary School/Hobart College
- Lynne Mahoney, Smithton Library
- Ian Nicolson, Margate Primary School
Literacy Champion Award
- Montrose Bay High Literacy Team
Numeracy Champion Award
- Perth Primary School