VET and Vocational Learning in Tasmanian Schools – Statewide forums
9 October 2018
The Years 9 to 12 Project has been established in response to the Review of Years 9 to 12 in Tasmania, conducted by ACER in 2016.
The Years 9 to 12 Review made two key recommendations for Vocational Education and Training (VET) and Vocational Learning (VL) in schools. These were:
- Initiate regular long-term strategies to change public perceptions about the value of school education and VET in Schools.
- Improve the status of VET and VL in schools through community involvement in the development of a future vision and associated implementation strategy
The Review recommended that community involvement in the development of a state-wide vision and implementation strategy for VET for secondary students.
A series of forums will be held in late October/early November to engage schools, registered training organisations (RTOs), industry and community stakeholders in the development of a vision for VET and VL in Tasmanian schools to 2030.
Dates for VET/VL forums are:
- Hobart (North) – Monday 22 October, Professional Learning Institute
- Hobart (South) – Tuesday 23 October, Derwent Sailing Squadron
- Hobart (East) – Wednesday 24 October, Ramada Resort, Seven Mile Beach
- Helens (half day) – Monday 29 October, Tidal Waters Resort
- Launceston – Tuesday 30 October, Tailrace Centre
- Devonport – Wednesday 31 October, Waterfront Function Centre
- Burnie – Thursday 1 November, Burnie Arts and Function Centre
- Strahan (half day) – Friday 2 November, Strahan Village
Full day forums will be held between 10.00 am and 3.30 pm. Half-day sessions will run from 12.00 noon to 3.30 pm.
Interested participants are invited to register for these events through: bit.ly/vetforums
Further information please contact Erika Alacs (03) 61656426 or Years9to12project@education.tas.gov.au