Take Action Every Day
14 February 2019
The National Day of Action Against Bullying and Violence is Australia’s key anti-bullying event for schools in 2019. This year, the theme is Bullying, No Way. Take Action Every Day. Schools are asked to share their ideas on how to take action against bullying EVERY DAY.
As a way of spreading this message, the Department of Education is running an image sharing campaign where students, teachers, parents and/or schools make posters/images/videos expressing their thoughts on the topic and share them on social media.
How can schools and students get involved?
- Create your own social media post with photos and personal quotes about how you plan to take action every day.
- Consider getting groups of students together, or even staff and teachers so they can spread their message as well.
- Share your post using #TASGOVNDA2019 and tagging @tasgoveducation (you can use Facebook, Instagram or Twitter – but remember, students under 13 years of age will need to have a parent or guardian post on their behalf).
That’s it! But what’s in it for me you ask?
The Department of Education will be drawing two prizes at the close of the competition. There will be a prize for a school in the south and a school in the north.
The campaign starts now, and will run through until 22 March, so get those thinking caps on, and show us how you take action every day against bullying!
Terms and Conditions:
By entering this contest, you agree to the following terms and conditions:
- Must be a resident of Tasmania and a teacher or student in Kinder – Year 12.
- Must be your own original artwork.
- If using photos of people, photo permissions for all people photographed must be obtained as they need to understand where their image may appear. If the person is under the age of 18 parental permission must be sought. These can be obtained from school offices and need to be returned to your school to be placed on file.
- By submitting your files, you are agreeing to the Department of Education using your artwork on their social media platforms.
- Competition opens on 14 February and closes 22 March 2018.