Formation of the Early Learning Initiatives Steering Committee
6 March 2019
Following an expression of interest process advertised in January 2019, the Secretary, Department of Education (DoE), is pleased to announce the newly formed Early Learning Initiatives Steering Committee (ELISC).
The Committee is made up of nine voluntary members with a diverse mix of skills and expertise across a range of relevant fields, and is chaired by the Secretary, DoE. The members are:
- Paul Prichard, Centre for Community Child Health, Murdoch Children’s Research Institute, Royal Children’s Hospital, Victoria
- Di Nailon, Educational Leader Consultant/UTAS Lecturer
- Kathryn Fordyce, St Giles
- Bronwyn Tamplin, Goodstart Early Learning Tasmania
- Ros Cornish, Lady Gowrie Tasmania
- Jacinda Armstrong, Playgroup Tasmania
- Mary Anne Warner, Early Childhood Intervention Service, Department of Education
- Danielle Le Rossignol, Department of Education
- Lynne Moran, Blackmans Bay Children’s Services.
The purpose of the ELISC is to provide strategic guidance and oversight in the design and development of the Tasmanian Government’s Early Learning initiatives including: Working Together for 3 Year Olds, Strong Partnerships between the Early Childhood Education and Care services and the Department of Education and six Early Learning Hubs. The first meeting of the Committee will be held on 27 March 2019.