Field Study Centres open for business again
6 August 2020
The 2020-21 Physical Wellbeing and the Environment Action Plan released in May 2020 recognises the important elements that contribute to physical wellbeing and addresses them in key actions that focus on physical activity, nutrition and the environment.
Field Study Centres provide opportunities for students to engage in the environment through hands on experiences in specialist learning facilities.
Due to COVID-19, our Field Study Centres (FSC’s) have been impacted greatly by the cancellation of all school excursions, and visits from the public.
These Centres are back up and running and ready to welcome schools through their doors again. We would like to encourage you to book your schools next excursion at one of these amazing Centres.
There are 5 individual FSC’s throughout the State which provide unique offerings. They are located at the following sites:
- Hagley Farm School Visitor Centre
- Molesworth Environment Centre
- Mount Cameron Field Study Centre
- Sustainability Learning Centre
- Woodbridge Marine Discovery Centre.
FSC’s positively address wellbeing by actively supporting teachers and learners to explore, experiment and learn.
These Centres bring together experiential learning, meaningful engagement and purpose built facilities with expert support for all learners:
- enabling interactive, engaged, and immersive learning in unique and dynamic environments
- connecting lived experience with cross-curriculum applications to develop learners’ and educators’ knowledge and understanding
- providing access to equipment and resources for learning in a context that is otherwise unavailable to schools
- provide opportunities for students to engage in the environment through hands on experiences
- support from state and national educational leaders who provide world-class expertise to facilitate students’ and educators’ learning