Central Office Location and Addresses
Postal Address: GPO Box 169 Hobart Tas 7001
Telephone: 1800 816 057
Deaf, hearing-impaired or speech-impaired customers:
Contact us through the National Relay Service
9.00 am to 5.00 pm Monday to Friday
Student Financial Assistance
Postal Address: GPO Box 169, Hobart Tasmania 7001
Telephone: 1800 827 055
Facsimile: (03) 6233 7720
Official Directory of the Tasmanian Government
Business unit contact details: [External Links to the GDS]
- Office of the Secretary
- Support and Development
- Strategy and Performance
- Corporate and Business Services
- Ministerial Services
- Office of Tasmanian Assessment, Standards and Certification
- Teachers Registration Board
Distribution of materials to schools
Information for external organisations wishing to distribute information items to schools.
The Department will distribute information items to schools on behalf of external organisations if they
- have direct educational value
- have a clear community or health benefit
- are non-political
- are not advertising material.
Where possible, material is distributed by email through the Infostream service. Submission guidelines include details of allowable formats and distribution to government and non-government schools.
Good News and Positive Feedback
Do you have good news or feedback about your school or education centre? We would love to hear about it. You can submit a positive story to us by:
- Emailing email@example.com
Please include story details, images and contact information, or
- Department of Education Photo Consent form (PDF, 165KB) (required for pictures of people)
Making a Complaint
Sometimes concerns and misunderstandings can arise and these are best addressed as quickly as possible. To ensure your complaint is responded to as quickly as possible please read the following guide to ensure your complaint is directed to the right area.
To make a complaint or raise a concern about the Department Of Education
- Write to the Secretary GPO Box 169 Hobart 7001 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- State the details of your complaint/concern and what you would like done to address the issue.
- Your complaint will be assessed and investigated by an independent officer of the Department.
- You can also contact the Integrity Commission if your complaint is about potential misconduct or unethical conduct.
School based complaints
If your complaint is at a school level please see our Grievances Guidelines for parents and the community (PDF, 210KB)
You can contact the Tasmanian Association of State School Organisations at any point for support and advice. Phone: (03) 6234 9488 or email: email@example.com
The Integrity Commission
Complaints of misconduct or unethical conduct can be made to the Integrity Commission. The Integrity Commission is an independent body established on 1 October 2010 to improve the integrity of government and public authorities in Tasmania, with the overall aim of enhancing community trust and confidence in the system of government. Further information on making a complaint to the Integrity Commission is available on the Integrity Commission website