Teaching is a way of life. A commitment to lifelong growth and learning, both with others and for others to invest in the future. The connections Teachers make with students, colleagues and the community makes a real difference, and connections last a lifetime.
We endeavour to provide a supportive environment to allow Teachers to build on their quality teaching practice and pave a career path where Teachers can reach their full potential and empower students to reach theirs.
We are committed to reflecting the broader diversity of the Tasmanian community. As part of our inclusive practice, we are flexible to the needs of our staff, students and applicants.
All teachers employed by the Department must have current full registration, provisional registration or a limited authority to teach, granted by the Teachers Registration Board before they can be employed to undertake teaching duties. This applies to all teachers, including fixed term, relief, permanent, full-time and part-time appointments.
Visit the How to Apply page for more information regarding vacancies and how to apply
- Teaching Service (Tasmanian Public Sector) Award
- Teacher Transfer -Assignment of Permanent Duties Industrial Agreement 2013
- Teaching Service Tasmanian Public Service Principals Agreement 2013
- Salary Scales
- Information on Relief Teaching
- Obtaining Employment as a Teacher
- Registration to work with Vulnerable People Policy