The Department of Education is responsible for the delivery of public early years and school education, adult and community education and library and archive services throughout Tasmania. The Department is responsible to the Minister for Education and Training, Hon Jeremy Rockliff MP.
The Department’s services provide Tasmanians with the opportunity to learn and reach their potential, to lead fulfilling and productive lives and to contribute positively to the community. More broadly the services recognise that education is a key driver for both economic and social improvement.
In providing teaching and learning, the Department focusses on three areas of activity:
- Early Years;
- Schooling; and
- LINC Tasmania.
2016-17 Budget Documents
- 2017-18 Budget Overview (PDF, 91KB)
- 2016-17 Budget Overview (PDF, 170KB)
- Combatting Bullying (PDF, 360KB)
- Literacy and Numeracy (PDF, 307KB)
- Years 9-12 Review (PDF, 365KB)
- Budget 2015-16 Overview (PDF, 817KB)
- Budget 2014-15 Overview (PDF, 622KB)