Support and Development
Strategy and Performance
Corporate and Business Services
These service areas are supported by business units responsible for corporate support, policy development, regulation, and assessment and review. Many of the Department’s business units contribute to more than one service area.
An organisational chart (PDF, 270KB) details the organisational units within the Department.
The annual report provides descriptions and details of responsibilities and functions for the units.
Boards and Advisory Groups
The Department of Education works closely with a number of statutory bodies and non-statutory bodies.
- Schools Registration Board
- Teachers Registration Board
- Skills Tasmania
- Tasmanian Building and Construction Industry Training Board
- Tasmanian Home Education Advisory Council
- University of Tasmania Council
- Tasmanian Assessment, Standards and Certification (TASC)