Canvas is the Department’s online learning tool. To take advantage of the platform’s capacity to also share information between home and school some schools will be using Canvas Parent to enhance the way they communicate with families about the learning progress of their children. Canvas Parent enables parents/carers to review upcoming or past assignments, receive alerts for student activity and most importantly, see ongoing teacher feedback for their child in order to progress their learning,
If you are experiencing problems with accessing Canvas please contact your school for assistance.
Access Canvas Parent
Getting started with Canvas Parent
- Canvas Parent – DoE FAQ
- How to log in to canvas as a parent?
- How to view a list of your child’s courses?
- How to view student marks and feedback?
- How to communicate with your child’s teacher?
- What is the Canvas Parent App?
- How to create a Google, Microsoft or Facebook account
Canvas Guides – Canvas Parent Browser
- How do I use the Global Navigation Menu as an observer?
- How do I view Grades in the Dashboard as an observer?
- How do I use the Calendar as an observer?
- How do I view a list of all Canvas courses in which I am an observer?
- How do I navigate a Canvas course?
- How do I set my Canvas notification preferences as an observer?
- How do I change the language preference in my user account as an observer?
- How can I use Canvas on my mobile device as an observer?