The Department of Education has committed to undertaking extensive community engagement and consultation to inform our projects and initiatives and ensure all stakeholders have the opportunity to have their say.
The following principles will guide our approach to consultation:
- Inclusive – We will consult widely and fully to capture all point of view.
- Discussion – We will encourage honest and open conversations.
- Influence – The community will see and understand the impact of their involvement.
- Honesty – We will be clear about the plan.
To ensure all feedback and points of view are captured, we are running a comprehensive Have Your Say campaign tailored to individual project and overseen by community reference groups. Engagement channels and activities may include:
- The Department of Education website.
- Community forums.
- Direct mail.
- Drop-in sessions at various locations.
- Social Media, including Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
- Focus groups with educators; students – past and present; parents – past and present; ad local community, business and industry leaders.