In respect to ongoing Covid-19 concerns, research applicants are encouraged to minimise their impact on schools and consider remote / virtual research where applicable. The Department’s prime concern is to keep schools safe, not only for our children and young people, but for all staff that support the delivery of education on our sites. It is a condition of any existing or future approvals that researchers comply with COVID-19 safety requirements.
Educational Performance and Review (EPR) coordinates all applications to conduct research in Government schools in Tasmania.
Applications to conduct research are considered by the Departmental Research Applications Advisory Committee (RAAC), which makes a recommendation to the Director, Education Performance and Review for final approval.
Guidelines and Research Application Form may be downloaded from this site, completed, signed and emailed to email@example.com.
2022 meeting dates of the RAAC and deadlines for submission of applications
- 17 February 2022 (meeting) – 31 January (deadline)
- 15 March 2022 (meeting) – 28 February (deadline)
- 14 April 2022 (meeting) – 28 March (deadline)
- 12 May 2022 (meeting) – 25 April (deadline)
- 14 June 2022 (meeting) – 30 May (deadline)
- 14 July 2022 (meeting) – 27 June (deadline)
- 18 August 2022 (meeting) – 1 August (deadline)
- 13 September 2022 (meeting) – 29 August (deadline)
- 13 October 2022 (meeting) – 26 September (deadline)
- 17 November 2022 (meeting) – 31 October (deadline)
- 13 December 2022 (meeting) – 28 November (deadline)
- Guidelines for Conducting Research (PDF, 270KB)
- Application form for research occurring only within Tasmania: Research Application Form – Tasmanian Government Schools (WORD, 110KB)
- Application form for research taking place in other jurisdictions: National Projects – Applications to Conduct Research in Schools (WORD, 100KB)
- Access to non-publicly available data held by the Department can be applied for using The Information Access and Disclosure Proforma (WORD, 96KB)
- Publicly available education data may be found at Where to find data