Information and resources to support parents and schools in managing their School Association.
School Association Committee Handbook
Information about the administration and procedures of a School Association Committee, including elections, the constitution, meetings, subcommittees and finances. The Handbook also links to editable forms and templates that Committees can use to make meeting their administrative requirements simple and straightforward.
A second volume of the Handbook will be developed in 2019, focused on the functions and powers of School Associations and building constructive working relationships.
School Association Committee forms and templates:
- Template 1 School Association Appointment of Committee Member (optional form)
- Template 2 School Association Member Register (optional template)
- Template 3 Checklist – Holding Elections
- Template 4 School Association Committee Nomination (optional form)
- Template 5 School Association Committee Ballot Paper (optional template)
- Template 6 Amending the School Association Constitution (optional form)
- Template 7 School Association Agenda (optional template)
- Template 8 School Association Minutes (optional template)
- Template 9 Checklist – Holding Annual General Meetings
- Template 10 School Association Motion Table
- Template 11 School Association – Motions – What, Why and How
- Template 12 Subcommittee Terms of Reference (optional template)
- Template 13 Restricted Activity Application Form (mandatory form)
School Association Constitutions
Register of School Association Constitutions
Model Constitution published by the Minister for Education and Training:
- Education Act 2016: Model Constitution of School Associations (PDF).
- Education Act 2016: Model Constitution of School Associations – template (Word).
Frequently asked questions about School Associations
Answers to commonly asked questions about School Associations and the changes to how an Association operates.
Secretary’s Instructions for School Associations
Instructions from the Secretary, Department of Education for the operation of School Associations in Government schools and colleges.
Ministerial Instructions for School Associations
Instructions from the Minister for Education and Training for the operation of School Associations in Government schools and colleges.
Community Empowered Schools
If you would like more information: