All Government schools in Tasmania are required to have a School Association. This page includes resources to support parents and schools in the management of School Associations.
If you would like further information about School Associations, please:
- See the fact sheets on School Associations and School Association Committees
- Email email@example.com, or
- Phone the Department of Education on 1800 816 057 (Free call).
Instructions from the Secretary, Department of Education, for the operation of School Associations in Government schools and colleges of Tasmania.
Instructions from the Minister for Education and Training for the operation of School Associations in Government schools and colleges of Tasmania.
School Associations Constitutions
Register of School Association Constitutions
Model Constitution published by the Minister for Education and Training:
- Education Act 2016: Model Constitution of School Associations (PDF).
- Education Act 2016: Model Constitution of School Associations – template (Word).
Commonly asked questions relating to School Associations.
Community Empowered Schools
- Module 1 – Roles and Responsibilities of Parents in School Associations
- Module 2 – What constitutes an effective school association committee meeting
- Module 3 – The Game Changer Board Game
Information for School Associations relating to GST and ABNs.
Resources for School Associations
To be updated: Provides explanations designed to clarify terminology encountered by School Association members whilst carrying out their roles.
Terms of reference for sub-committees and working groups
To be updated: Information about preparing terms of reference for sub-committees and working groups of School Associations.