The Department of Education is committed to working with our communities to ensure we make the most of the opportunities we have been presented with the rebuilding of sites and other major infrastructure projects.
The following principles will inform our approach to consultation on major projects:
- Inclusive – we will consult widely and fully to capture all points of view.
- Discussion – we will encourage honest and open conversations about the rebuild
- Influence – the community will see and understand the impact of their involvement in the rebuilding process
- Honesty – we will be clear about the plan.
To share ideas, insight and feedback on projects we will run a Have Your Say Campaign that will be tailored to individual projects and overseen by a Community Reference Group, this may include:
- The Department of Education website, which will include a facility to provide feedback via a survey and/or email email@example.com.
- Community forums
- Drop-in sessions at the relevant site
- Social Media presence including Facebook, Twitter and Instagram
- Specialist Focus Groups with educators; students – past and present; parents – past and present; and local community, business and industry leaders.