Skip to main content
- No previous experience, however an interest and/or a need to develop scientific literacy skills is recommended
- Biology 3 and Environmental Science 3
- Further study
- Careers in teaching, health, agriculture, aquaculture, forestry, medical/ nursing, environmental management, hairdressing and other areas where a practical knowledge of science is beneficial.
- How we understand ecosystems, biotechnology, and the structure and function of living organisms
- How to design, carry out and interpret experiments
- The role and impact of biology in society
- To apply my understanding to a theme; for example, Human Science, Marine Studies, Environment, Biochemistry, or Agriculture.
- Investigate cells, organs and systems of plants and animals with practical work
- Explore exchange between cells and transport of materials through a cell
- Make a field trip to deepen understanding of the chosen theme
- Inquire into the role of scientists and the application of science in decision making.
- Is interested in working hands-on with plants, animals, or the environment
- Is planning to do a pre-tertiary science in Year 12
- Wants to understand science issues in society and their local community.
2022 (current view)