Skip to main content
- ‘A’ or ‘B’ (‘C’ in consultation with teachers) in Year 10 Australian Curriculum English.
- Further study.
- A career in journalism, law, government administration, policing, social work and court administration.
- The principles and practices underpinning our system of government.
- The role of the law in our society.
- The major political and legal institutions in Australia, such as the Australian parliament and the High Court of Australia, and how they operate.
- How legal disputes are resolved.
- How the Australian and international legal systems operate.
- Develop an awareness of the legal system in Australia.
- Research how laws are made and changed, nationally and internationally.
- Undertake group activities on the court system, trials and juries.
- Respond to concerns as to the efficacy of the criminal justice system.
- Reflect on the effectiveness of our legal system.
- Undertake individual research on topical legal issues.
- Complete various tasks and assignments.
- Enjoys research, investigation and analysis
- Wants to know more about how government works
- Has an interest in our system of dispute resolution
- Wants to know more about international political events
- Has very good organisational skills.
2022 (current view)