Skip to main content
- ‘C’ in Year 10 Australian Curriculum English.
- A pathway to Studies of Religion 3 or Philosophy 3
- Further studies in religion, teaching, counselling, ministry.
- What religion is and what role religion plays in the lives of individuals in society
- How religion impacts on society and has contributed to the historical development of human society
- How religious traditions affect cultural values and practices, social, political and economic institutions
- How religious traditions find expression in the arts, theatre, cinema, media and literature
- How religious belief systems articulate responses to questions relating to human nature, identity and purpose
- About the place of religion in Australian society, including indigenous spirituality, before and after European settlement
- How religious traditions respond to the human search for meaning
- What citizenship is and what the rights and responsibilities are for all citizens.
- Engage in discussions, research and investigations
- Write reports, letters, newspaper articles, speeches
- Investigate the ways in which the search for meaning is shaped by the teachings and practices of religious traditions
- Complete and present individual and group presentations in different formats
- Investigate the many ways of expressing religious ideas and understandings about the world e.g. art, music, myths and legends, literature, film.
- Is interested in investigating the nature of religion in Australia as a multicultural, multi-faith society
- Enjoys engaging in a range of formats to communicate knowledge and understandings
- Enjoys discussing and supporting an argument in oral and written formats.
2022 (current view)