Learners in this age group are curious. They ask many questions and want thoughtful answers. They are starting to develop strong interests and hobbies and may like to collect things. They enjoy problem solving and are may have points of view about many things they hear, read and see. They enjoy humour and telling jokes, and can be daring and competitive. They are more independent, ready to take on greater responsibility for their learning.
Resources and ideas for learning at home
We will add to this information over time to ensure there is a range of options.
- Rain, hail or shine (PDF, 641KB)
- Book discussion (PDF, 728KB)
- Write and perform a play (PDF, 608KB)
- Watch some TV (PDF, 618KB)
- Read with younger sister or brother (PDF, 741KB)
- Big bad wolf versus brick house (PDF, 609KB)
- Headline (PDF, 607KB)
- Open-ended maths – MASS (PDF, 630KB)
- Money, Money, Money (PDF, 701KB)
- Rules and laws (PDF, 709KB)
- Time (PDF, 677KB)
- Spinner games one (PDF, 740KB)
- Become a raconteur (PDF, 843KB)
- What’s in a name (PDF, 625KB)
- Have schools become redundant (PDF, 700KB)
- Length and perimeter (PDF, 702KB)
The resources and activities on this page have been informed by the Australian Curriculum Foundation (Prep) to Year 10.