Children learn a lot in the first few years of life. Learning happens when babies and children feel safe and secure. Talking, playing and reading to your child are great things to do. No-one knows your child better than you, so choose and/or adapt ideas here to best suit you and your child. Remember it’s the talking and time spent together that matter the most.
Resources and ideas for learning at home
We will add to this information over time to ensure there is a range of options.
- Build a cubby (PDF, 733KB)
- Balloons (PDF, 675KB)
- Wash the toys (PDF, 716KB)
- Play dough (PDF, 701KB)
- Letters and words (PDF, 731KB)
- Dress up box (PDF, 743KB)
- Drawing and making marks (PDF, 699KB)
- Dancing to music (PDF, 709KB)
The resources and activities on this page have been informed by Belonging, Being and Becoming -The Early Years Learning Framework for Australia for resources Birth – Kindergarten.