Belonging, Being and Becoming – The Early Years Learning Framework for Australia (EYLF) is the foundation document for ensuring children in all early years settings experience quality teaching and learning. The EYLF was developed by the Australian Government Department of Education, Employment and Workplace Relations.The EYLF recognises the complex nature of young children’s learning and provides principles and practices to guide educators working with children birth to 5 years of age and has at its centre children’s learning. The EYLF has five learning outcomes:
- Children have a strong sense of identity
- Children are connected with and contribute to their world
- Children have a strong sense of wellbeing
- Children are confident and involved learners
- Children are effective communicators.
Educators use the outcomes to observe children and plan for their ongoing development. When using the EYLF educators acknowledge that children learn in a variety of ways and provide quality learning environments that are inclusive of all children.
- Belonging, Being and Becoming – The Early Years Learning Framework for Australia
- Families Guide to The Early Years Learning Framework for Australia.
- For more information on the Early Years visit the It’s A Great Start website