A whole school/community project highlighting the following key ideas.
- Healthy eating is necessary for good health, wellbeing, and learning.
- Healthy snacks are tasty.
- Healthy options are less expensive than packaged convenience foods.
- Healthy snacks can be easily prepared.
- Some products marketed as ‘healthy’ are not necessarily so.
The project aimed to ‘bring to life’ a body of information from a variety of resources by creating visual, tangible displays, with simple presentations of information. An opportunity to sample healthy snacks in a café setting is a highlight of the project.