Disability Support in Tasmanian Government Schools
Did you know?
Students with disability are encouraged and supported to attend their local government school.
Schools can assist students with a range of specialist services and resources.
Where to start
Speak with your child’s teacher or principal if you are worried about your child’s learning or development.
For your child…
- An individual Learning Plan will be developed, with your help, to identify goals for learning.
- Educational adjustments will be made to the teaching and learning program to help your child participate.
- Specialist staff, equipment or technology may be used.
Tips for supporting your child
- Talk with your child’s teacher regularly.
- Share the achievements of your child’s goals and learning experiences with school staff.
- Be a part of the discussions and planning for your child’s learning in partnership with their teacher.
- At times of transition (changing year levels or schools) work with the school staff to help your child.
Where can I get more information:
Further information is available at Supporting Student Need.
Contact Disability Services via email at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Download the Print version of brochure (PDF, 246KB)