Did you know?
Launching into Learning is a free program where you and your child can get to know your local school, Child and Family Centre and other families.
It is for families with children from birth – 4 years of age and is available in all Tasmanian Government schools and Child and Family Centres.
Children learn a lot in the early years of life. Launching into Learning provides opportunities for you to be involved in your child’s learning in a supportive environment, helping you give your child a great start.
Why is it important?
- Children’s experiences in their earliest years are really important to their ongoing development. These experiences have a major impact on their future achievements at school and later in life.
- We know that supporting children’s learning experiences before they begin school helps with successful transitions into school.
- At this young age, learning through play and exploration alongside the people that mean the most to them is a really positive experience for children.
- Together, we can support your child’s learning and development.
Why should you get involved?
- Your child will be involved in experiences that will help develop their talking, reading, physical, social and emotional skills in an atmosphere of fun and creativity.
- Launching into Learning will support you and your child to have a successful transition to school.
- Playing together helps build lasting relationships.
- You will have the opportunity to access support and form friendships.
- You will get to know your local school and/or Child and Family Centre.
What can you expect?
Parents, teachers and children playing alongside each other, having fun and learning together through a variety of programs such as play and learn sessions, music, water awareness, kinder gym, baby massage and Dad’s groups.
Your local school and/or Child and Family Centre.
There is no cost.
Who is it for?
Young children (Birth – 4 years old) and their families.
Where can I get more information?
- Contact your local school.
- Visit the It’s A Great Start website
Download the Print version of brochure (PDF, 930KB)