Did you know?
Learning in Families Together (LIFT) is a new initiative that will build your confidence and skills to support your children’s literacy and numeracy learning at home. It will encourage collaboration between home, school and the community to help lift the literacy and numeracy learning outcomes for all children.
Whilst encouraging family engagement in children’s learning is a valued practice in all schools, LIFT is being resourced and implemented in selected Tasmanian Government schools across the state.
LIFT will provide opportunities for you to be actively involved in your child’s learning so you can give them the very best start in their education.
Working together with the school, you can make a difference to your child’s learning.
Why should you get involved?
- Being actively engaged in your children’s learning can impact significantly on increasing the learning outcomes for your child.
- You will grow confidence and skills to support your child’s learning.
- Children learn everywhere, not just at school.
What can you expect?
Learning in Families Together (LIFT) will:
- value you as your child’s first and continuing teacher
- build on the respectful relationships built in the Launching into Learning (LiL) program
- create pathways for two way communication between you and school
- build shared expectations about learning for your child
- focus on ways you can support your child’s learning in literacy and numeracy, connecting learning at home and school
- involve you in decisions about your children’s learning
- connect families, school and community in fun learning opportunities.
Who is it for?
Families with children in Kindergarten to Year 2.
How can you get involved?
For more information contact your child’s teacher or school principal.
There will be no cost.
Where can I get more information?
Talk to your child’s teacher or principal.
Download the Print version of brochure (PDF, 560KB)