SCHOOL TERMS AND PROFESSIONAL LEARNING DAYS IN TASMANIAN GOVERNMENT SCHOOLS
Did you know?
The Tasmanian Government school year is divided into four terms.
Professional learning days
- During the school year, schools have professional learning days and on these days your child will not attend school.
- Professional learning days enable teachers to participate in important learning that improves their teaching.
There is also a moderation day for student assessments. This ensures all students across Tasmania are being assessed against the same benchmarks, and that student assessments are comparable across schools.
* For full listings of local area public holidays please visit the WorkSafe Tasmania website.
Where can I get more information?
- Schools will advise parents and child care providers of these days in Term 4 every year.
- From your child’s teacher or school.