The Waratah/Wynyard Child and Family Learning Centre will be constructed at Table Cape Primary School, providing a critical service to the community.
The Waratah-Wynyard Child and Family Centre will offer a variety of services to support you, all in one place. It is somewhere you and your child can make friends and they can learn as they play. It’s a place where you can get advice on health and family matters, education and training. It is a welcoming place for families and young children that provides a range of services to support families with health and wellbeing, education and care needs to children from birth to age 5.
A new Get Involved campaign has been launched to encourage the community to participate in the development of the Waratah/Wynyard Child and Family Learning Centre. Your voice matters and will help ensure the new facilities support young children and families in our community.
Get Involved is being communicated widely via direct mail-outs, social media, and other ways to provide opportunity for the whole community to help shape their new Child and Family Learning Centre to ensure it meets the needs of your community.
A Local Enabling Group (LEG) is being established to contribute and consider ideas during the community engagement process. The LEG will have representation from key local leaders, service providers and community members representing a broad cross section of the community.
Register below to attend LEG meetings, to be held at the Table Cape Primary School, scheduled for –
– Thursday 12 March 2020 at 9.30am to 11.30am
– Wednesday 8 April 2020 at 9.30am to 11.30am
– Thursday 14 May 2020 at 9.30am to 11.30am
– Thursday 11 June 2020 at 9.30am to 11.30am
– Thursday 2 July 2020 at 9.30am to 11.30am
– Thursday 13 August 2020 at 9.30am to 11.30am
– Thursday 10 September 2020 at 9.30am to 11.30am
– Thursday 15 October 2020 at 9.30am to 11.30am
– Thursday 12 November 2020 at 9.30am to 11.30am
– Thursday 10 December 2020 at 9.30am to 11.30am
You can get involved by:
– emailing the Get Involved team at firstname.lastname@example.org
– writing to us at Get Involved, GPO Box 169, Hobart 7001.
Project Initiation and Planning
The project initiation and planning stage informs development of a concept master plan
Development of Master Plan
Development of approved master plan in readiness for tendering and construction
Further information on timeframe to follow
This second stage of community engagement provides opportunity for the community to review the concept master plan via the Department of Education website and other channels.