Open to all Year 9 students in Tasmanian schools, the Frank McDonald Memorial Prize has been established to honour Tasmania’s last World War 1 veteran, Frank MacDonald MM.
The Frank MacDonald Memorial Prize is open to all students currently in Year 9 in government and non-government schools in Tasmania, as well as home-schooled students at the same year level.
The prize is a joint initiative of the Tasmanian State Government and the RSL Tasmania.
Further information about the prize is available online at Department of Communities Tasmania.
The 2019-2020 winners of the Frank MacDonald Memorial Prize are:
- Amelia Hanson – Riverside High School
- Chi Canty – Scotch Oakburn College
- Elijah Hughes – Kingston High School
- Lachlan Rogers – Taroona High School
- Melanie Shoobridge – Tasman District School
- William Zeeman – The Hutchins School
- Phillip Stanley – MacKillop Catholic College
- Shelley Hollister – Devonport High School
- Craig Coutts – Primrose Sands RSL
Department of Communities Tasmania
- Kristy Broomhall – Tour Leader
- Guy Barnett, MP
View the Previous Winners of the Frank MacDonald Memorial Prize.