Tasmania has joined all states and territories in endorsing and implementing the Australian Curriculum.
By the end of 2016 full implementation of the Australian Curriculum in Tasmanian schools has included English, Mathematics, Science, History and Geography, and Health and Physical Education 7-10. Implementation of remaining curriculum areas, including the updated P-6 curriculum for Humanities and Social Sciences, will continue according to the details outlined in the Curriculum Implementation Guidelines for Tasmanian Government Schools.
The Belonging, Being and Becoming – Early Years Learning Framework has been fully implemented in Tasmanian Kindergartens.
Teachers are working with the endorsed Australian Curriculum Version 8.3.
You can view and download information about each of the learning areas on the Australian Curriculum website.
Literacy and numeracy are an important priority across all areas of the curriculum.
Key links for Australian Curriculum information:
- Belonging, Being and Becoming – Early Years Learning Framework (PDF, 385KB)
- Australian Curriculum and Years 11/12
- Office of Tasmanian Assessment, Standards and Certification (Year 11/12)
- Australian Curriculum
- Australian Curriculum, Assessment and Reporting Authority (ACARA)
- Curriculum Support Centre [staff access only]