Tasmania has joined all states and territories in endorsing and implementing the Australian Curriculum.
The Belonging, Being and Becoming – Early Years Learning Framework has been fully implemented in Tasmanian Kindergartens.
Teachers are working with the endorsed Australian Curriculum Version 8.3.
You can view and download information about each of the learning areas on the Australian Curriculum website.
Literacy and numeracy are an important priority across all areas of the curriculum.
Key links for Australian Curriculum information:
- Belonging, Being and Becoming – Early Years Learning Framework
- Australian Curriculum and Years 11/12 (PDF, 385KB)
- Office of Tasmanian Assessment, Standards and Certification (TASC) website Year 11/12
- Australian Curriculum website
- Australian Curriculum, Assessment and Reporting Authority (ACARA) website
- Teaching and Learning Centre [staff access only]
The Department has a number of Quality Teaching Resources that are grounded in the Tasmanian context and are consistent with our Learners First values of Respect, Aspiration, Growth and Courage.