Would you like your child to have the opportunity to make friends, learn and build confidence?
If so, Working Together offers free places in a fun, caring and safe childcare centre – also known as an education and care centre.
Registrations are now open for 2021, with limited places available.
To see if you’re eligible to take part, visit the “How do I get involved?” section below.
What is Working Together?
Working Together offers free childcare for three year olds, plus support for your family.
Eligible children can take part in up to 400 hours of free early learning at a childcare service in 2021.
What does ‘support’ mean?
As well as free childcare, Working Together provides extra support. This can be either for your child, yourself or your family.
Examples of extra support include:
- going to appointments with you
- having someone to chat to about concerns you might have
- connecting you with other support services, e.g. occupational therapy
- helping you look into study or getting your licence
- having someone to help you build confidence in your decisions
- connecting you to your local primary school
The Working Together team will work closely with your family to meet your needs.
Can my child take part?
To take part in 2021, your child must be:
- Three years old by 1 January 2021, that is born in 2017
- Not currently enrolled in childcare
They must also meet at least one of the following criteria:
- Have parents/primary carers who hold a Health Care Card
- Identifies as Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander
- Receive support or interventions from the Child Safety Service
- Meet two or more criteria under Parents’ Evaluation of Developmental Status (PEDS)
Is Working Together in my area?
There are 19 childcare services across Tasmania delivering Working Together in 2021. Find the closest service near you.
The benefits for children
Working Together is a great way for your child to:
- Make friends
- Play and thrive
- Build confidence and independence
- Prepare for school
- Have routine
The benefits for parents and carers
Working Together is a chance for you to:
- Connect with community
- Have time for self-care
“Working Together has been a lifesaving experience.” – 2020 Working Together Parent
When can we start?
Eligible families can start from February 2021.
How do I get involved?
To find out if you are eligible: